Global Pulse Briefing of UN General Assembly Being Webcast Live
The Global Pulse team is briefing the United Nations General Assembly this afternoon at 2:45 pm EST on its Research Projects, Technology Toolkit, country-based Pulse Labs and its plans for the coming year. The briefing will also feature a keynote address by UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon.
The briefing is being webcast live at www.un.org/webcast on channel 2.
The briefing will feature the findings of research projects conducted in collaboration with some of the best data-research companies and institutions in the world, including Crimson Hexagon, Jana, PriceStats, SAS and a consortium of French centers and universities led by Complex Systems Institute of Paris Ile-de-France.
The research projects include:
- Taking a Global Snapshot of Well-being through Mobile Phones.
- Tracking Commodity Prices by Monitoring Online Prices.
- Mining News for Emerging Trends.
- Understanding Unemployment through the Lens of Social Media.
- Twitter as a Barometer of Food Security Perception.
The briefing will also highlight Global Pulse’s plans to develop in-country Pulse Labs around the world.